The single and multistage end-suction stainless steel centrifugal pumps of the premium Contra range are designed for use in industries where hygiene and flexibility are top priorities. They are made from high quality materials to meet the world’s strictest hygiene standards, e.g. EHEDG, QHD and GOST.
However, their most distinctive feature is their flexibility. Contra pumps can be adapted to suit any task where reliable, hygienic pumping is required. The Contra pumps are CIP- and SIP-capable, and they also meet the GMP requirements regarding FDA-approved materials.
Their main applications are in breweries, the beverage and food industries and the pharmaceutical industry. Thanks to their flexibility, the Contra pumps can also be used successfully in all other industrial processes, including water treatment, chemical processes, surface treatment and textile industry processes.
- Liquid transfer in breweries and dairies
- Soft-drink mixing, carbonising systems
- Food processing
- Pure water systems (WFI) Process pumping in the pharmaceutical industry
- CIP (Cleaning-In-Place) systems
- Process pumping in the chemical industry
- Transfer pump in water and textile treatment systems
- Surface treatment Nearly all kinds of transfer, circulating and process pumping.
Features and benefits
- Unique hygienic design (EHEDG, QHD, GOST and FDA)
- CIP and SIP capable (DIN EN 12462)
- Greatest possible flexibility – customised solutions
- Materials: Rolled, deep drawn steel AISI 316L (1.4404/1.4435) with electropolished surface down to Ra < 0.4µm
- Gentle liquid handling for sensitive liquids such as fruit juice
- Optimised hydraulics for high efficiency and low energy consumption
- Various motors, including explosion-proof motors (ATEX), motors with integrated frequency inverter (variable speed drive) and high efficiency motors
- Multiple sealing systems including sterile seals, double mechanical seals (tandem and back-to-back) with various material options
- Pump variants include short-coupled pumps, base-plate mounted pumps and the Adapta version in vertical and horizontal installations
- Shrouded pumps, especially useful for breweries and dairies
- Various pipe connection types and connection sizes
- Easy service and maintenance, modular design concept – less downtime
- Trolley-mounted version available.